Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Favor

I don't do this very often, but I'm about to get real personal on this blog.

When I was in undergrad, I became friends with a fabulous, gorgeous mezzo named Jamie who was married to an equally fabulous man named Jimmy. A few years ago, we lost Jimmy to suicide. You never think that it will happen to anyone that you know. You never think that it could happen to you or the ones that you love. But it does. It affects so many people in our country. Someone dies from suicide every 16 minutes. This statistic boggles my mind.

So this weekend, I'm walking in the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention's "Out of the Darkness Overnight" in memory of Jimmy and for all the people that struggle with suicide and depression. I would really appreciate any donations possible, and please know that every little bit helps. If you can't donate yourself, please spread the word.

It will make a world of difference and can help save someone's life.

Please donate to my page here

Many Thanks,
Chitownmez

No comments:

Post a Comment