Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Deviation from the Norm

I know some pretty amazing people in my life; writers, musicians, health care professionals, computer geeks, historians, designers of different forms, scientists, singers, and teachers. All of these people bring me inspiration in some way and I'm always surprised when the smallest of details can make such a huge impact in my life.

My friend Erich is visiting me from Texas. He has a friend named Sara.

Sara has to be the most amazing person I've ever come across in my entire life. She is the embodiment of creativity. She writes and performs her own music; she sings, plays cello, guitar, and piano. She is a yoga instructor and competes nationally, has a master's degree in environmental science, and to top it all off, she is a phenomenal professional photographer. Her attention to detail and keen eye make me want to weep. I hope someday that I can meet her in person, but for now I'll be content to follow her blog, listen to her music, see the photographs she takes, and watch the creativity pour forth, knowing that she's inspiring people everywhere.

Take Me Down (the track on her photography page) has to be one of the most gorgeous pieces of adult contemporary music I've heard in the last decade. There's a sweetness to her voice that is undeniably honest and full of warmth. Her musicianship is impeccable and her lyricism poetic.

Unfortunately, Sara doesn't have a music video (yet?), but I felt that she is someone we all should look to for the inspiration we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment