Sunday, April 19, 2009

1,2,3,4

This first video has a very special place in my heart. It was filmed here in my city and most of it just ten blocks north of where I live. The bus you see in the very beginning is what I take everyday to get around (the #3 southbound to 95th). These are the streets that I call home.

The Plain White T's are a rock band, originating from Villa Park, Illinois (just outside of Chicago). They are best known for "Hey There Delilah", which received a Grammy nomination in 2008.

What I love most about the video is its simplicity. There was no huge budget. It was shot in black and white. These are real people in real relationships. The video is not trying to be something that it's not. This is what the Midwest vibe is about; Simply being true to yourself.


(sorry about the commercial before the video. Hopefully, I'll find a place to host these myself soon so I won't be tied to commercialized crap that we deal with on a day to day basis)

No comments:

Post a Comment